The Armenian government introduced the e-Visa application for citizens of more than 30 countries. This e-Visa allows travelers to enter the country for tourism and trade purposes. It also allows them to stay in Armenia for up to 21 days (per entry) or 120 days (per entry).
The Armenian e-Visa system is an online method to apply for a visa from anywhere in the world. The advantages of this system for the passenger are that visas can be applied online, from anywhere. To apply for an Armenian e-visa, you will need a valid passport, please check our page regarding requirements for an evisa. If you are not eligible for the e-visa, you will require a regular visa.
Documents required to apply
- Applicant Photo
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Airline Confirmation (if applicable)
- Proof of Accommodation (if applicable)
- Most recent 3 months bank statements (if applicable)
Passports of travelers must have a validity period of at least 6 months from the planned arrival date.
The Armenia e-Visa is a single entry visa and allows applicants to stay in the country for 21 days (per entry) or 120 days (per entry).
Steps to take to apply for an e-visa to Armenia
1. Scan the 1st page of your passport
Before you start the e-visa application, it is compulsory to have a valid passport. It should have validity for at least six months from the intended date of entry into Armenia. In the Armenia e-visa application, you will need a scanned copy of the passport page.
2. Take a digital photo
When filling out the Armenia e-visa application, you must upload a photograph. It should meet the following requirements:
- JPEG format. It must have a size between 10 Kilobytes and 1 Megabyte.
- The width and height of the photo should be the same.
- The digital photo must be a front view, full face, eyes open, and without glasses.
- Position the head inside the frame and show the entire head from the crown of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- The background must be white.
- There should be no reflections on the background or face.
- There should be no borders.
3. Complete the electronic form
Once you have your valid passport scanned and your passport photograph, it is time to complete the e-visa application form. But before completing the form, consider the following:
You should use a chrome browser to apply for an e-visa, but if you have issues, you can try a different browser (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.). Deactivate pop-up blockers on your browser. If you have problems with any of the payment procedure, try the other methods offered, like PayPal.
4. Get the e-visa in PDF format
Once you have completed the application form and paid the fees, you have to wait. If you do it immediately you make the payment, you will see a warning message; that your e-visa application will be processed within 72 hours. You will be informed via email when the Armenian government has made a decision.
5. Buy travel insurance
It is optional but very essential to buy medical travel insurance after receiving your Armenia e-visa. It is mandatory to carry travel medical insurance in a country like Armenia, in case any health emergency arises. Otherwise, medical healthcare can be very costly.
Which Countries Can Apply for Armenia E-Visa?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- North Korea
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- North Macedonia
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
Answers to frequently asked questions concerning Armenian e-visa can be found in other sections of this website.